Sheep Discovery Center is looking for a Feed Manager. The Feed Manager (FM) directs and coordinates activities associated with meeting the nutritional needs of the animals at the Sheep Discovery Center. In addition, the FM will assist the General Manager (GM) in the construction and maintenance of the fodder system. The FM will work with suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers to complete the construction of a state-of-the-art feed kitchen. With the assistance of a nutritionist and the GM, the FM will develop feed rations to be fed to ewes in each phase of production. The FM will be responsible for working with the fodder vendors and the full implementation of the highly automated feed production and delivery system.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Organize and manage the feed team to ensure feed is delivered on schedule.
- Maintain feed rations by using quality ingredients, following recommendations from consulting nutritionist and overseeing the processing of feedstuffs.
- Develop a maintenance schedule and checklist to keep feed kitchen and equipment clean and in working order.
- Develop department capital and operating budgets; manage expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
- Comply with applicable OSHA, FDA, and EPA regulations; maintain appropriate compliance records.
- Set a positive example for employees by modeling safe work practices and following safety rules and policies. Communicate critical safety information to employees by conducting regular safety training; monitor workplace for unsafe/noncompliant behavior.
- Manage department supply inventory by researching costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies and approving orders.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develop SOP’s to assist in training and standardizing procedures.
- Continually think outside the box to help the management team improve processes and overcome challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates degree or higher; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SALARY: $40,000 – $60,000 per year DOE plus bonus
Benefits include 401(k), 401(k) matching, supplemental retirement plan (ESOP), paid time off, health insurance including dental and vision, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, and life insurance.
Superior Farms (www.superiorfarms.com) is an employee-owned company and the leading purveyor of farm-to-table American lamb. We proudly source from family farmers and ranchers across the USA to supply the highest quality natural lamb to our retail and foodservice customers. Superior Farms has launched an exciting new feeding and sheep production operation that utilizes innovative technology, top genetics, and high-nutrient feed sources to stabilize the supply of lambs across the calendar year. In addition, we are working on increasing the number of lambs per ewe and frankly giving each ewe and lamb the best day of their lives every single day. Please visit the SDC website at www.sheepdiscoverycenter.com for more information.
For more information about this job listing , please contact Jordan Atkinson at Jordan.email@example.com